VidCoder is free software, an DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. It is a powerful application to control videos in terms of quality and encryption. VidCoder uses the HandBrake core APIs to do the heavy lifting for scanning and encoding video files. VidCoder itself is responsible for: (The user interface - Passing parameters to the HandBrake engine - Managing presets - Managing the encode queue).
- MP4, MKV containers.
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files.
- H.264, H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora video.
- Hardware-accelerated encoding with AMD VCE, Nvidia NVENC and Intel QuickSync.
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough.
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video.
- 2-pass encoding.
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace, rotate, reflect filters.
- Powerful batch encoding.
- Instant source previews.
- Creates small encoded preview clips.
- Pause, resume encoding.
What's new in v5.8 Beta :
- Fixed WEBM container support.
- Added a "Clear finished" button to the log window to clear away logs for finished scans and encodes.
- Updated HandBrake core.
- Fix crash on drag and drop multiple videos
- Fixed crash on closing a secondary instance of VidCoder.
- Fixed crash on non-positive widths.
- Changed to refer to System.Net.Http by NuGet and include DLL. This should fix a crash on some systems.
- Fixed missing encode logging regression.
- Fixed hang while trying to exit or close the preview window with an encode running.
- Changed to give a better error when encountering zero or negative length files.
- Fixed CLI to remove timeout for connecting to the main process. This prevents multiple encodes from getting started from one command.
- Added logging and fallback behavior for issues with initial directory when opening a file.
|Operating System||:||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10|
|Last updated||:||Apr 24, 2019|
|Scan By VirusTotal||:||Clean|