BitComet is a torrent client that includes a download manager for all protocols. It supports downloading from direct links (HTTP), torrent links and Magnet files. BitComet includes many websites that offer torrents to help users getting what they want. BitComet has a user-friendly interface that shows all the options and settings that the user needs. It also contains folders classified by file type, such as movies, games, music and software. Bitcomet has a torrent history of user activity and a torrent exchange to share or collect it.
- Fast and powerful.
- Innovative P2P Technology.
- Global and Per-Task Speed Limit, for Both Upload and Download.
- Add tags to task, categorize tasks on the fly.
- Bandwidth Scheduler and Automatic Shutdown.
- Easy to Use and Free.
|Operating System||:||Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10|
|Last updated||:||Apr 13, 2020|
|Scan By VirusTotal||:||Clean|
- GUI Improve: improve icons in toolbar and download list for HiDPI display
- GUI Improve: add settings button in toolbar of torrent list
- GUI Improve: new option for DHT torrents: Only show torrents with metadata
- GUI Improve: add Feed Name in RSS torrent list
- GUI Improve: display number of piece in torrent maker dialog
- GUI Improve: display metadata downloading info in Statistics pane
- GUI Improve: do not display listen port of peer if unknown for BT peers
- GUI Improve: "Preview Download Mode" renamed to "Sequential Download Mode" in context menu of BT task
- GUI Improve: add Compact Database command in settings menu of torrent list
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: bittorrent.dht_torrent_refresh_interval, 5 sec as default to decrease disk activity time
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: system.compact_memory_interval
- GUI Improve: display configuration file folder in Global Log pane
- GUI Improve: display Long-Term Seeding status in Statistics Pane
- GUI Improve: add copy command to context menu of settings list in advanced option page
- GUI Improve: improve HiDPI support for Batch download dialog
- GUI Improve: new option in Proxy setting page: DNS query using proxy server
- GUI Improve: add unit choice for Speed limit in Option dialog
- GUI Improve: support add batch-download by drag and drop multiple URL links to floating window or main window
- GUI Improve: support add batch-download by clipboard monitor
- GUI Improve: new advanced option: bittorrent.hash_check_for_ltseed
- GUI Improve: add memory usage details about process heap size and disk write buffer size
- GUI Improve: new settings in advanced option page to select IP address to bind to when initiate a connection
- GUI Improve: show pending DNS number in Statistics pane
- GUI Bugfix: the number of torrents in the left channel list is not refreshed in time
- GUI Bugfix: sort bug for first column of Torrent History list
- GUI Bugfix: task summary panel text alignment
- GUI Bugfix: level progress display error when progress is 0% in the lower left corner
- GUI Bugfix: incorrect configuration file folder used in certain case
- GUI Bugfix: UI lag when select all by Ctrl+A in torrent list
- Core Improve: DHT Tracker use worker thread to reduce the UI lag
- Core Improve: support initiate a connection using preferred network adapter if multiple network adapters exist in system
- Core Improve: support IPv6 connection through SOCKS5 proxy server
- Core Improve: support UTF8 BOM when improve URL list from text file in Batch download dialog
- Core Improve: support extract URL links containing Chinese characters from html page segment dropped to BitComet from web page
- Core Improve: improve memory allocation, decrease memory usage for UDP buffer and log buffer
- Core Improve: optimize UDP packet sending efficiency，default value of network.max_udp_pkt_per_sec changed to 1000 from 500
- Core Improve: avoid program crash caused by IE component damage
- Core Improve: improve Preview download mode for BT task
- Core Improve: reduce memory usage when downloading metadata for DHT torrent list
- Core Bugfix: the global option "allocation disk space before download" works even when disabled
- Core Bugfix: empty files should not be created when performs hash-check
- Core Bugfix: connection error retry issue when download from long-term seed
- Core Bugfix: fix speed limit deviation
- Core Bugfix: "Sequential Download Mode" does not work if "Optimize download strategy for preview" disabled in Option dialog